Heroes 3.4 - I Am Become Death

My brother was down for my sister's birthday, and we got to watch our first episode of Heroes together, and talked at length (along with my sister) on the whole "Villains" concept. However, I realize I never wrote up all my extended thoughts on Heroes last week, so I think I will save both for a column on Monday. (And if I forget, someone hold my feet to the fire!) A word about last night's episode.

"I Am Become Death"



I don't know if I ever will get over the sight of Sylar in an apron cooking waffles! That was just pure comedy.

Speaking of Sylar.....
Some people are bothered by Sylar's quick-and-easy transformation. (And by the same token, Peter/Nathan/Sylar's mom, Angela.) I'm saving most of my ideas on "Villains" for later, but let me just say this: Both Zachary Quinto and Christine Rose are appealing actors, and more importantly, they are both playing interesting characters. Anything that gets us more screen time of them can't be a bad thing. (As for the back-and-forth nature of good/evil, JUST WAIT!)

Other parts of the episode.....
How is it that Hiro can't use his powers in that Prison, but Peter can? Also, while I'm on Hiro, remember that "future" where Hiro and Ando were fighting, and Ando had that hella-cool fire/energy ability? How do we know that Ando was bad and Hiro was good? Just sayin'.....

I loved the Peter/Sylar confrontation in California. I wish we could have seen much more of that, especially when the others got involved. I was confused how Peter ended up back in the slab, but I'm wondering if part of that was the "future," and part of that was the "future" that Matt Parkman saw. Speaking of which....

The Matt Parkman story is really bothering/boring me. I'm not a hater, but why is it he sometimes has a near omnipotent super-power, and other times seems like the biggest weenie? Why couldn't he just read the spirit guide's mind?


(Alternatively, a cool revelation would be that each special person has a "block" that makes them weak, or unable to use their ability, or makes it difficult. Sort of an evolutionary yin/yang kind of thing. We already know Nathan is susceptible to the seduction of power, whereas Peter gets too involved in causes, and Claire selfishness is astonishing. I guess that doesn't really hurt her. It just annoys me.)


Again, I don't want to seem like I'm hating. I did enjoy this episode, and the little things that bother me (like: how did Maya lose both her accent and her naivete in 2 days) you just have to let go.

0 comments: